Skip to main content


Getting a registration error?

We may consider issuing overrides for the following Error codes*:

  • Closed Section - Section is Full - Capacity override
  • Prerequisite and/or Test Score Error
  • Time Conflict
  • Program Restriction
  • Field (Major) Restriction
  • Maximum Hours Exceeded (anything over 18 credit hours in Fall/Spring semester, 6 credit hours in Summer, 3 credit hours in Winter sessions) - email the Chair of your program and they can petition the Registrar's Office on your behalf to allow you to add addition classes up to 21 hour credit hours total for the Fall/Spring semester. (You can use the same link at the top of the page to do this.)

 In order to apply for an override, submit a request with the link at the top of the page with the following information:

  • Your First and Last Name
  • Your EKU ID number
  • The course you wish to add including the CRN (i.e. HUM 101 CRN 12345)
  • The error code you are getting (i.e. Capacity or Prerequisite/Test Score Error)
  • The reason you are requesting the override.

IF the instructor decides to grant the overide, they will send your approved request on to the Dept. LCAS.  Once it is processed, you will recieve an e-mail from the department administration with instructions on how to add the course to your schedule.

Ta-Da!  Good Luck!


Registration Error Overrides issued by your Dean's office:

  • Class Restriction (class is restricted to student status (Junior, Senior, etc.))
  • Repeat Limit (Student has taken the course previously)



  • Duplicate Course - The course already exists on your schedule.  Check the registration status for "Registered."  If you are not registered then the class should be reregistered instead of added.  Reregister for the section from the drop down menu on the left side of the current schedule by choosing "Re-Registered" Drop course.  Do not re-enter the CRN into one of the boxes at the bottom of the Add/Drop page.
  • Level Restriction - Undergraduate students wishing to enroll in graduate courses need special permission from the Graduate School Office. Permission is granted in the form of a Level Restriction Override.


Having registration problems/questions?
Call or visit the REGISTRATION EXPERTS, their office exists just to help you!  Office of the Registrar, Student Services Building (SSB), Room 239, 859-622-2320

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/