LCAS is honored to award the following scholarships:
Eligibility and awards vary. Please speak to your instructor for more details.
Anthropology, Sociology, and Spanish Departmental Major Scholarship - Annual $500 available for Sophmore and Junior LCAS majors.
Available to students who meet the following criteria. (Number of awards available may vary.)
- Have a sophomore or junior standing (30-59 completed hours, primarily at EKU)
- Be a Languages and Cultural Studies, Anthropology, and Sociology major
- Be enrolled in 3 (or more) semester hours in the major
- Be enrolled as continuing majors the semester in which the scholarship is awarded
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
Complete the Scholarship Application with a 500 word essay on why you should be considered for this award. In your essay, address your extracurricular activities, employment, volunteer experiences, and or special interests and include your educational and/or career goals and tell us how the award will benefit you.
Applications must be emailed to Department Administrator Carissa Brown (Carissa.Brown@eku.edu)by 4:00 pm of the Spring deadline.
Recipients of the award shall be notified no later than April 1st.
Language and Cultural Studies Scholarships
- The Dr. Ursel Doris Boyd and Freida Weidemann German Study Abroad Scholarship - Offered annually for students enrolled in the German Certificate of Conversation and Culture program who are studying abroad to study German language and culture. Number of awards and amount awarded varies, depending on the funds available.
- The Virginia N. Parrish Memorial Scholarship for Study Abroad - Offered annually for all eligible foreign language and humanities students studying abroad their Language & Cultural Studies field. Number of awards and amount awarded varies, depending on the funds available. For more information, please speak to your professor or contact the section coordinator for your program
For other Scholarship opportunities, visit: